LRIGs (ルリグ Rurigu) are one of the card types in WIXOSS. They are avatars of the decks of WIXOSS players.
In the anime, special, living LRIGs are used by Selectors in Selector battles to become an Eternal Girl (Original Arc) or to retrieve/change a memory (Lostrage Arc). These special LRIGs are sentient and often instruct their Selectors in battles.
Within the TCG, they represent the player, such that the player takes damage when their LRIG is hit. LRIGs go in the LRIG Deck. When LRIGs grow, the new LRIG card is placed on top of the old LRIG card, and the old LRIG is not sent to the LRIG Trash.
Parts of a LRIG CardEdit
- Located in the top-right corner.
- Determines the associated color of the LRIG.
- Located in the top-left corner.
- The level of a LRIG determines the maximum level of SIGNI that can be played, as players cannot play SIGNI whose level is higher than the current LRIG. LRIGs can grow, proceeding to a higher level, lowering to another level, or even growing into the same level.
- During deck construction, LRIG Decks must contain at least one level 0 LRIG.
- Both players start the game with a level 0 LRIG.
- Located in the top-left corner under the level.
- The limit of a LRIG determines the total level of SIGNI that a player can have on the field at a time. The total level of SIGNI in play cannot exceed the LRIG's limit.
- Located in the bottom-left corner.
- Determines the color and amount of Ener that must be paid in order to grow into the LRIG during the Grow Phase.
- Located to the center-right.
- The LRIG type determines what LRIG cards a LRIG can grow into, as well as the kinds of SIGNI, spells, or ARTS that can be used.
- A LRIG cannot grow into a LRIG of a different LRIG type.
- A player cannot summon SIGNIs or activate spells or ARTS that are restricted to a LRIG type that is not their active LRIG.
- However, Life Bursts are not limited by LRIG types. Therefore, it is possible to activate a Life Burst regardless if the SIGNI or spell can be played or not due to the LRIG type.
- If present, will be shown in the textbox of the card.
- Like SIGNI, a LRIG may have abilities, and their use is similar.
- Located at the bottom-right corner.
- Indicates how many coins this LRIG has as it enters the field.
In the both arcs of anime, LRIGs are beings sent to Selectors to help them fulfill their wishes (or retrieve/change memories in Lostorage Arc). They come in the form of cards, and are often discovered in recently-bought WIXOSS decks. Only Selectors and former LRIGs are able to hear them and see them move inside the card. Non-Selectors can only perceive LRIGs as normal LRIG cards.
When a Selector receives her third loss and loses their Selector rights, their LRIG disappears, sent back into the cycle until they appear to another Selector. For example, Midoriko disappears in selector infected WIXOSS Episode 5 when Hitoe Uemura receives her third loss, but is shown with another Selector in selector infected WIXOSS Episode 12.
As shown in Selector infected WIXOSS Episode 8, most LRIGs are created whenever a Selector becomes an Eternal Girl. Whenever this occurs, the Selector's LRIG takes the Selector's human body, while the Eternal Girl becomes a LRIG.
However, there are original LRIGs who did not originate from Selectors. The first LRIGs, Tama and Iona (then known as Shiro and Kuro) were created by Mayu to begin the LRIG and Selector system. These LRIGs are suggested to have special powers, compared to normal LRIGs. Mayu created more original LRIGs past the first two. Whenever one of these LRIGs loses three battles, they are not simply returned to the system to find another Selector; instead, they disappear completely, erased from existence. Tama and Iona are the only remaining original LRIGs.
In Lostorage Incited WIXOSS and Lostorage conflated WIXOSS, LRIGs are made from the Selector's memories and they have the ability to either restore, create, change or erase a person's memories. In addition, the LRIG cycle and how a player win/loses has also been changed.
In these new Selector Battles, a Coin System has been implemented, where each Selector will have 5 coin slots, if a Selector loses all of their coins, then they will lose the game and automatically forfeit their bodies to their LRIG. But if a Selector gets all 5 gold coins, then that Selector will be freed from the battles and their LRIG will grant them one request to either retrieve, erase, create or change one of their Selector's memories before they go back into their Selector's body.
The Lostorage Arc has also shown that most LRIGs hate the idea of living as a human because life to them is full of pain, but also that some LRIGs can betray their Selectors in order to become human, with the desire to become Selectors themselves, or just to stop living a life of 'slavery'. It has also been shown that while some LRIGs may hate their Selectors and humans, in general, there are some LRIGs like Ril and Donna who will grow to care for their Selectors and end up developing a human heart and individual will as well.
- "LRIG" is "GIRL" spelled backwards.
|Colors||White ● Red ● Blue ● Green ● Black ● Colorless|
|Card Types||LRIG ● ARTS ● SIGNI ● Spell ● Resona|
|Game Zones|| Check Zone ● Deck ● Ener Zone ● Field (SIGNI Zone, LRIG Zone)|
Hand ● Life Cloth ● LRIG Deck ● LRIG Trash ● Trash
|Game Mechanics|| Ability ● Attack ● Banish ● Coin ● Cost ● Crush ● Damage ● Discard ● Draw ● Exclude|
Ener Charge ● Exceed ● Freeze ● Grow ● Life Burst ● Up/Down ● Refresh ● Remove
|Keywords|| Accessory ● Assassin ● Bet ● Chain ● Charm ● Cross (Heaven) ● Double Crush ● Encore|
Guard ● Lancer ● Layer ● Multi Ener ● Rise ● Shadow ● Trap ● Triple Crush ● Virus
|Miscellaneous||FAQs ● Mayu's Room ● Rule processing ● Trigger ability|
|Italicized LRIG types have only level 0 LRIGs and have no known plans to become playable.|
|White LRIGs||Tama ● Remember ● Tawil ● Sashe ● Haity ● Donna|
|Red LRIGs||Hanayo ● Yuzuki ● Lalaru ● Ril ● Carnival|
|Blue LRIGs||Piruluk ● Eldora ● Milulun ● Soui ● Futase ● Aya|
|Green LRIGs||Midoriko ● Anne ● Aiyai ● Mel ● Mama|
|Black LRIGs||Ulith ● Umr ● Iona ● Myuu ● Alfou ● Hanare ● Nanashi ● Guzuko|